I leave in 5 days friends. Its hard to belive. I am really excited but the closer it gets the more nervous I get. I know it is going to be a great adventure but sometimes the unknown is a little intimidating. I just spent the last few days back at Grace. It was great being there but a little wierd too. It was wierd becase I was there but I was leaving. Everyone was getting ready to start classes and they were moving into their rooms and getting ready for the semester but I wasn't doing any of that. It was really strange. The hardest part was when I left yesterday afternoon. As I was driving West on 30 to come home it dawned on me for the first time that Winona Lake and Grace College will never again be what it has been to me for the past 2 years. What is has been and the people that are there have impacted me and changed me and grown me and I am who I am today because of those people and those experiences. Even though the school will still be there and the people will still be there when I return I will be different and they will be different and things will change. All of this is good but its still hard for me to let go of what it has been for so long. As much as I am going to miss you all I know that I have to go, I have to go to China. God has been calling me there for 3.5 years now and I have to follow His Love and GO! These lyrics really sum up what I was fealing as I left town yesterday
I'm gonna miss the simple town full of memories
I'm gonna miss just hanging out with all my friends
The rainy days and summer nights
Skipping stones by the river side
But i know.. its time to go
So heres goodbye heres so long
I must go and follow love
I feel my heart moving on
I must go and follow love
Carry on while I'm gone
This is what i've been dreaming of
I miss you so
But i must go, go and follow love
I've got a heart thats full of dreams
and a little bit of crazy
I can feel it pulling me to somewhere i have never been
I'm packing up and leaving home
To travel into the great unknown
Its time, i have to go
So heres goodbye heres so long
I must go and follow love
I feel my heart moving on
I must go and follow love
Carry on while I'm gone
This is what i've been dreaming of
I miss you so
But i must go, go and follow love
Were not guarranted tomorrow
So we must just keep on living for the day
and make the most of every moment
every step along the way...oh
So heres goodbye heres so long
I must go and follow love
I feel my heart moving on
I must go and follow love
Carry on while I'm gone
This is what i've been dreaming of
I miss you so
But i must go, go and follow love
I must go, go and follow love
FFH Follow Love
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm thinking of you Alyssa! I know you head off tomorrow morning! Just enjoy the experience, I have a feeling it will change your life in many positive ways! We miss you and love you and will be thinking of and praying for you!
Love,
Alina, Chris, and Gracie Jane
Alyssa, I am so excited for you to spend the semester in China!! I'll keep checking your blog to see how things are going. Can't wait to see where God is leading you... Have FUN!!
Love, Emily
Post a Comment