Friday, November 7, 2008

I will not leave you as orphans

You know God is funny. He does things that we will never understand and just when we think something is hopeless or impossible He reveals Himself in new and amazing ways.

10 days into my study abroad last year God impressed it upon my heart to pray for 1 little orphan girl to love on during my time in China. I prayed for this little girl for several weeks while I was waiting to volunteer at an orphanage. It seemed like all the doors where closing and I wasn’t going to be able to volunteer. Just when I thought there was no hope and I was about to give up God made a way. When I finally arrived at the orphanage I laid eyes on the tiniest little girl I had ever seen. It was love at first sight. She was beautiful and I knew within minutes of looking at her that she was the angel I had been praying for the past several weeks. As the weeks went on and I saw her time after time, the love in my heart for her grew stronger and stronger. I was hooked! I was committed to finding a momma for Xin Yue. I came home from China and my mission to find her a family continued. I thought of her everyday. I prayed for her all the time. I met her in my dreams quit often. Well the days turned into months and there was still no one that wanted her. So in my frustration I quietly gave up. I told myself it was hopeless and the best I could do was pray she would still be there in 7 years when I’m old enough to adopt and maybe just maybe she could be my little girl. Well, like I said above just when something seems hopeless God reveals Himself in amazing ways…
Over the course of the past weeks He has brought me into contact with someone else that feels the same heart connect with Xin Yue that I do. Someone that I believe is supposed to be her momma, that same momma that I started praying for 13 months ago. Only God can orchestrate something this wonderful!

Now the catch! I need you prayer warriors to be hard core right now… we need to find her paper work! I have contacted the CCAI to see if we can locate Xin Yue’s paper work. I called today and left a message. I am praying that I will receive a phone call back from them on Monday so that the search can begin. This is urgent friends because without her paperwork she can’t be adopted! Would you please join me in praying?

I will keep you updated as I hear more. Thank you so much for bringing this little angel and her situation before the throne of our Father.

Much love,
Alyssa

"I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you."
John 14:18


2 comments:

Mandy said...

OH Alyssa!! I'm in tears reading this! I know how special this little girl is and that God has the perfect place for her! Keep fighting for her sweets, NEVER give up. Where there is a will there is a way!We will all be praying, and hoping, and waiting to see how God opens this door. I love you sooo much!

Kathy said...

Alyssa,

I will be praying for sweet Xin Yue! That her paperwork will be found ASAP and that she will be home with her forever family soon! I am excited to see how God will work!

Kathy Lipic