Saturday, August 30, 2008

It's Time!

Friends,

Little did I know that when I wrote that "last blog" back in December that it would not be the "last blog" after all! God is working and I am in the midst of preparing to go back to China!!! I am so filled with excitement. I can't even explain the emotions inside of me. I will be parterning with Loaves and Fishes Intl. to serve in their foster home in south east China. I just can't fathom the fact that my dream of over 5 years is in the works of becoming a reality!

God first spoke the words of "It's Time!" about 6 weeks ago. At first I thought I miss heard Him and asked for confirmation on many occasions but He was faithful and continued to speak the same words. After seeking the council of many wise adults and many hours spent in prayer and the Bible I feel that this is what He is leading me to do 110%. God works in little ways everyday to continue to remind that this is the path that He wants me walking right now. Just one example, I had my support letters printed at Kinkos on Thursday. I went in that morning to print them but there was some complications and so I needed to come back later that evening. When I came back there was a different clerk working and after printing my letters he told me the total would be $69.98 I said, "I'm so sorry but I don't think you charged me enough" (It was supposed to be $140.00 before tax) he said, "No its okay I only charged you for half." Can you believe God's provision! He is already providing for my financial needs and the first support letter has not even been sent out yet! I am so in awe of Him and the ways that He works.

Well, that is all for now I just wanted to send an update and let you all know how the Lord has been working. As you think of it could you please be praying for me as the I start the support raising process. I have never done this before and therefore feel as though Im walking into it blind. A good friend told me the other day "Alyssa, your support has already been raised all you have to do is find those people." How true is that! God has already raised the money. Please pray that I would seek His face on how to go about finding the people He wants to use.

Thank you friends!
Love, Alyssa

3 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

Alyssa, I am so excited for you!

Emily H. forwarded me your blog address... I am thrilled at what God is doing in your life!

We will be going to China for our son Owen probably in November... do you have any idea of when you will be going?

I'll be praying for you, and trusting God with you for His provision!! We would love to support you in whatever ways we can. If you'd like to send us a support letter, drop me an email and I'll give you my address. rebecca30@comcast.net.

Blessings,
Rebecca

Mandy said...

Alyssa, i'm so excited and proud of you! Keep following your heart and trusting God. I will selfishly miss you tons!! However i know the little sweet innocent lives that you will touch will be phenomenal!
I love you tons, mandy :)

Angie said...

Hey Alyssa, I found your blog by chance indeed and its such a nice place! I am happy for your coming back friend!Obviously God is helping you and I hope everything goes well!
Love you
Angie