We serve a Good and Mighty God and many times He works in ways that we can't see or understand but what a comfort to know that He is always good.
I would like to preface this post by praising Loaves and Fishes Intl. for the work they are allowing God to do through them. The favor they have been granted is something that only the Father could provide them with.
I am writing this post from the USA. I know this comes as a shock to everyone reading. I thought that I would be staying in China for 2 years but the Father had different plans. From the first moment of my journey on Jan. 27th the peace that I had for so long vanished. During my days at Hidden Treasures I never regained that peace and after many agonizing hours, day and night, after much time in the Word, much time in Prayer and much council from those who know me best I felt the Father's release from this calling, at this point in my life, and I knew it was time to come home.
As you can imagine this was the hardest decision that I have ever had to make. I feared that I was disobeying God, I feared that I was walking away from what He called me to and I feared that I was dissapointing all of those that had supported me in going.
I arrived back in the US on Thursday Feb. 5th. I am now in the process of working through all of the thoughts and emotions that come with this kind of major life decision. The more I am in the Word and Prayer and the more I process what has just happened to me the more Peace the Lord grants me that I made the right decision.
I would not be exagerating to say that the past 10 days have been the hardest days that I have walked so far. I have hit rock bottom in every area; spiritual, physical, mental and emotional and God is in the process of restoring me in each one of these areas and making me more complete in Him than I have ever been.
I know many of you have questions that I didn't address in this post. Please email me at alyssa.m.garvin@gmail.com and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability. Thank you for your love, prayers and support. To God be the Glory.
Love, Alyssa
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Alyssa,
I admire so much your ability to hear his voice, it is so rare to find someone of your age with such maturity and the ability to truly listen to God. I am still going to be praying for you as you work through this decision and the feelings and emotions you are dealing with. You are an amazing girl, Alyssa, and if God didn't want you there, he sent you there for a reason, and has a plan for bringing you home.
God's timing is perfect, even when his purpose isn't immidiately revealed, and I am confident that he has incredible plans for your life!
Thank you doesn't seem like the right phrase to express my appreciation and gratitude for your spirit and servants heart!
In my Prayers,
Kristi
Dear Alyssa,
I am so very sorry that your hopes and dreams have been shattered and that you are having to walk such a difficult journey.
As with every moment of our lives,nothing is wasted and God will use this time also to mold and prepare you for His future purposes.
Usually the most difficult times are the ones He uses to draw us closer to Himself than we have ever been before and to teach us significant lessons. Painful times when our hearts are most raw God often pours out His Spirit in great personal revival.
Our family is lifting you up as you process this painful event and seek Him for your future steps.
May the manifest presence of our loving and faithful God pour out His Spirit upon you.
Fondly,
Katrina Mitchell
Alyssa,
I was so sad to hear the path you've had to walk the past 3 weeks. It would be so easy for you to fall into despair and discouragement yet that is not what you have done!
Your heart for the orphans and your love for Jesus has been an inspiration to me. As I think about you and this journey that God has you on I think of Jeremiah 29:11 (my favorite verse, and I think you said it's yours too!), "For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." He has a plan for you, though it may not be clear right now. He brought you through these past years for a reason. He has placed a passion in you for the orphans, and given you this burden to further His kingdom.
I told Milly I'm happy you're back so I can get to know you better now! :) The three of us will have to hang out together sometime! It was fun seeing you today at work. Thanks for stopping by! :)
Praying for you, Alyssa!
Love,
Molly
Post a Comment