Saturday, November 17, 2007

My Family is Here!

Wow it has been really long since I last wrote. Things have been pretty busy. We got home from The Trek, our two week travel, last Friday, the 9th. It was so good to be back in Xiamen and it was so wonderful to be back in the warm weather, oh how I had missed that! The weekend was spent just hanging out and relaxing which was great after two weeks of non stop moving and sightseeing. On Monday we started our Chinese Painging, and Tai Ji classes. They are amazing! Chinese painting is so fun. I didnt realize how much i had missed using the creative part of my brain and tai ji reminds me a little of yoga. Its very slow and relaxing. It really stretches your muscles and just feels good!

My famiy arrived here in Xiamen yesterday afternoon. It is so amazing to have them here with me. I have missed them so much! It's also really great that I can show them where I have been living and what I have been doing for the past 3 months. Its funny to see China through their eyes, the same eyes that I had only 3 months ago. I didnt realize how much I had become accustomed to the culture and my surrondings.

Once they arrived yesterday they mostly just recovered from jet lag. Today they came to the orphange with me. They got to play with and interact with the kids. They also got to meet my special little girl. She gets better and better every week! Before when you looked at her it was like staring into a blank wall and now she laughs and smiles and interacts. It has been fun to see her develop over these past months. Sadly I only have one more saturday with her. Next week we have Thanksgiving break and then 2 weeks after that I will be on a plane on my way home. How crazy it is that I only have 20 days left in this amazing place.

No comments: