Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Portrait

Currently I am taking a Chinese painting class. It meets 4x a week for 3 weeks. We are in our last week of classes here so I am almost done with it. My teacher does really amazing portraits of people so I asked him if he would draw me. He gladly agreed saying that I would only be his second foreigner that he has ever drawn. Yesterday afternoon me and my friend Tiffani went over to his apartment and he sketched me. It took 3 hours but he did a really great job. I was so happy with how it turned out. He told me he would give it to me today at class. When class was over today I asked him if I could have it and he said that he couldnt give it to me because his professor wanted it to stay in the art school here in Xiamen as an example for other art students. I was really really dissapointed because i was hopeing to be able to take it home. He told me that he would be happy to do it again but my time is running out so im not sure if it will happen or not. Anyways in the end its kind of a bummer that i dont get to keep it but its kinda cool that my portrait is going to go up on the wall in the art building here at Xiamen University

No comments: