Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Start praying now!!!


Tonight I was looking at my flight schedule to make sure everything looked good. I noticed I have a small problem! When I arrive in San Fransisco I will need to get my luggage and re-check in because I will be flying a different airline to China. I don't think I realized that I was going to have to do this when I purchased the ticket because I only have a 1hour and 5minute layover!!! This is not good. Sometimes it can take 30 minutes just to get your luggage and by that time I would need to be boarding my next flight already. Would you please join me in bringing this subject before the throne of our Father.

This is NOT a surprise to Him! He knew this was the case when I purchased my ticket and in His perfect plan He already has it all worked out. Please pray that


- My flight out of O'Hare would be ON TIME. This is not common at this airport

- I would be able to locate my luggage quickly when I get to San Fran.

- The check-in line would be short

- The walking distance from gate to gate would also be short.


I wasVERY worried and concerned when I discovered this tonight. This is the last place the Lord wants me to be. He wants me trusting Him with this matter. Thank you for joining me in bringing this before Him.


Love, Alyssa

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Hey Hey, very interesting. Few suggestions: Because SF is a tram delivery service from domestic flight planes to Int. terminal. this will be very close. IF you can not get an earlier flight to SF, know your terminals and gates before you leave Normal and wear running shoes.

Change seats to get off as close to first as possible. If no one interested, fill in a seat close to the door just before preparing to land.

Freguent Flier tip: If main terminal security lines close to your ticketing counter are heavy in O'Hare or SF, consider going to a different gate 150 feet or so away from the main terminal gates. Gets you thru quick and on your way to the boarding gate.

Also call China Air ticketing as soon as cell phones can work in SF while you are taxing to the gate and say you just landed on flight number ? and are picking up your luggage to be right over.

Have $5 in change in pocket to get a luggage cart. You can go faster. Keep your eyes on all your goods.

Enjoy the experience, worst case is you have to wait for next flight.

Maybe you should video tape it all while you do it so we can see how it goes! Matthew