Sunday, December 28, 2008

Here I Go...


I sit in awe as I type this update. God has moved mountains right in front of my eyes. He is an amazing, awesome God and I feel so BLESSED to serve Him!
Several weeks ago (around Thanksgiving) God began to prompt my heart to purchase my plane ticket. At that point I was only at 30%. I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say I thought HE was crazy!!! I didn't think there was any way I was ready. There was still so much money that needed to come in. I quickly ignored this promting and moved on. Well, He was persistant. He continued to tug at my heart asking me to take this leap of faith. We had many conversations. I was so worried that it was ME talking. ME getting ahead of HIM. ME wanting this and holding on to it so badly that I was starting to mistake HIS voice for MINE. As I began to pray "not my will but yours" I realized that it really was HIS voice. He really was asking me to take this leap of faith. He told me over and over again "You don't recieve because you don't ask" He was wanting to move mountains in my life if I would only let Him.
As of Tuesday of last week I was at 40% of my monthly need and still feeling God's leading, now more than ever, to take this leap of faith. After seeking the council of one very wise man, my dad, I took another look at my budget. In doing this I realized that there was almost $500 per month worked into my budget, for taxes, that I didnt need in there. I also saw that there were a few other changes I could make. After doing this I realized that I was at 70%. I was extatic! I sought the council of a few other people, who's opinion I hold very high. They too agreed that if God was asking me to take this leap faith that I should follow Him in obdedience.
In the past 3 days I have recieved 4 substabtial gifts that have brought me even closer to my goal of 100%.
Today I bought my ticket! I will be leaving for China on January 27th, 2009. I have been praying for January ever since August of this year. Many people warned me that I wouldn't be ready that soon. I too thought it was soon but knew God was asking me to pray this way. I know those prayers were not in vein. I know God had me praying for January specifically so that on this day He would get ALL the GLORY!!!
As I sit back and look at the Journey of the past 5 months I am in awe! 5 months ago today I was just starting to feel the Lord's voice saying "It's Time! It's Time" I was just starting to consider preparing to return. Never did I guess that 5 months later I would have a ticket in hand. To GOD be the GLORY.
I thank each and everyone of you! It wouldn't be in this place if it wasnt for your support both financially and prayerfully.
Let's continue to seek Him and praise Him as He lays out His perfect plan piece by piece.

Much Love, Alyssa

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Alyssa.... I couldn't not be happier for you and Yes, to God be the glory. Wow. We have been praying for January as well. Yeah. We are so excited for you. Much love,

Rob and Lisa Braniff

Matthew said...

We know of this feeling. Most others will not understand. Travel well and Enjoy the journey. With smiles & wonder Matthew & Lori

Amy said...

It gives me great JOY to see you at this stage of the journey. We contiinue to pray you through each step as He leads. You have been earnestly seeking Him, but you have not hesitated. Yes, you have needed confirmation at times, but He has been faithful, and you have MOVED!!! Oh girl, you are about to embark on greatest adventure of your life. So many years of longings, and waiting, wondering...it is HERE!

Isaiah 26

7 But for those who are righteous,
the way is not steep and rough.
You are a God who does what is right,
and you smooth out the path ahead of them.
8 Lord, we show our trust in you by obeying your laws;
our heart’s desire is to glorify your name.
12 Lord, you will grant us peace;
all we have accomplished is really from you.
15 O Lord, you have made our nation great;
yes, you have made us great.
You have extended our borders,
and we give you the glory!

Praising and Rejoicing!
Amy