Thursday, September 13, 2007

A lot has happened since I last updated. Here are some of the highlights:


On Sunday we had the amazing opportunity to go to a Chinese Church. It was such an awesome experience. I will never forget it! The passion was outstanding. I bought a really neat side by side Bible that has Chinese in one column and English in the next.
On Monday we were walking to lunch and I saw this beautiful little girl. Her eyes are just captivating. They were jet black. Gorgeous!











Yesterday after class me, Meg and Yee went to the beach here for the first time. It was so nice down there. The breeze was amazing. The water is really dirty though so we couldn't swim in it.
There are definetly things here that are hard and that really challenge my patience but overall I love it! Its beyond description! I cant believe that I has been 15 days. The time has really flown. I am almost done with my second full week of classes. I think I am starting to adjust to those a little better. We have a Chinese quiz tomorrow. Those are always hard but the motivator to learning the language is that the more I learn the more I can communicate with the people here! I will write more soon but until then... Zaijian! (goodbye :)










1 comment:

Mandy said...

Hey sweet girl,


That little baby is so so cute!! I cant wait to see more pics of the kids you are going to see, especially in the orphanage. The kids miss you so much and have been starting to say things like"when alyssa gets back...or I miss alyssa....or braden says I go aeesa's car. I remind them that you are far away in china, but then chloe will say something like ok well them alyssa can come over tomorrow and play dora with me. they miss their auntie so much, you are very loved. talk to you soon babe, love mandy