Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Home is where the heart is

So as I wrote in my last update we are currently in Beijing. Its amazing here. I absolutely love it. Yesterday I was riding in the back of our bus as we were on our way to visit The Summer Palace and as I looked out the window all I could see was China. There were chinese kids playing at the park, chinese food in the streets, chinese characters everywhere I looked, chinese cars. chinese everything and crazy enough all I could think was "this is it its everything I ever dreamed it would be and I am finally here" Right after thinking this i thought to myself "how can all of these things being so foreign and so differnt and so far away from anything that i have ever known before feel so right and so familiar and in a way so at home?" I dont really know the answer to this question it is still puzzling me. I layed in bed last night trying to figure it out as I was falling asleep and when I woke up this morning I still didnt have an answer but for now all I can come up with is just the fact that when God places something on your heart it is real and it is from Him and he enables you to do whatever He has called you to do. He has placed China on my heart and He has made me fall in love with this place and these people, He has made it part of who I am. The saying comes to my mind "home is where the heart is" as far as this goes I guess I have two homes, one with my family and friends and the other here in China, this place of my heart. I think i will always be torn between these two worlds because they both make up so much of who I am and who I want to be.

No comments: