Thursday, October 25, 2007

Xiamen Hospital

So last night I had a little scare and had to make a trip over to the ER. Yesterday afternoon my heart started beating irregularly every so often. Then my left arm started to feel heavy and numb. As the night went on it got more intense and more frequent. So I went to the ER just to make sure that everything was ok. It was chaotic! There were a lot of people there and China doesnt believe in lines so you have to be aggressive and push your way to the front of the line in order to be seen. First we went in and had a doctor look at me. He listened to my heart and filled out an order for me to have an echocardiogram. We then went the cashier and paid for the test it was 25 kuai which is the equivalent of $3.50. I couldnt believe how cheap it was! Then we went to get the test done but it took us almost 30 minutest to find where we were supposed to go. Eventually we found it, They hooked me up to some chords, did the cardiogram, told me I was fine and we were on our way. It seems a little odd to me that they only did one test but my heart stopped acting up so I guess its ok. Anyways Im glad I had the experience but I hope I never have to go back there again. The hospital was crowded and dirty and unorganized. I have never been so thankful for Bromenn Hospital in my life!

1 comment:

sally said...

I'm not a doctor and I don't wish to frighten you, but I seriously feel you should get a second opinion, see a doctor privately or something - that irregular heartbeat may have been a warning of some kind!!!!!