Well it has officially been one week since I arrived in Xiamen, China. It is still as beautiful as the first day. But it is still as hot too! Today I was brave and wore jeans for the first time. It wasnt too bad this morning but by the afternoon it was like having plastic wrap wrapped around my legs! Yesterday we went to a stained glass factory. It was amazing! The work was beautiful and it was very intersting to hear about this mans life and the vision that he has and the way that HE is using him for HIS work. It was very encouraging!
Today, I found out that my computer is not compatible with the network on campus so I will not be able to get internet in my room. I was a little dissapointed about that but I know that GOD is in control and that there is a reason for it. There is a really nice coffe place similar to a starbucks next to campus so I can come here for free wifi.
Classes are going well. So far I have had Chinese 1, Eastern Philosophies and Religion, and Intercutuaral Communications. I think that I am really going to like Intercultural Communications. I love learning about other cultures and I love learning about how to fit into other cultures.
Tomorrow we are going to go an acupuncture clinic. The acupuncturist (if thats what they are even called) is going to give us a lecture and then do acupuncture to who ever want to have it done. I think I am going to go for it but I havent decided for sure yet.
Well, I gotta go its aout 9:15 here and I should think about heading to bed. I hope that you all are doing well!
Ill write more soon and post pictures!
Love, Alyssa
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Dear Alyssa..
We sure know what you are feeling with the heat!! You will get used to it believe it or not and then when you get home you will wonder how you have tolerated the cold winters!! Chloe and Oliver love hearing about your adventures and cant wait to see the pics..they started school yest and are doing well..i take Oliver to the Ortho doc today to check on how his leg is healing...please stay safe and we remember you in our prayers at night...Oliver, Chloe and Lori
Post a Comment