Monday, October 22, 2007

My Heart...

Well, it happened I knew it would. I knew there was a part of me here in China I knew I would come here and I would find a piece of my heart. I found it on Saturday. We went back to the orphange. I cant explain the feeling. I cant explain what its like when you walk into a room full of children. Beautiful, innocent faces starting back at you. I walked in knowing that I would have to leave, I walked in knowing that I only had about 2 hours to give these children. I told myself to not get attached, not to let them steal my heart. But the fact of the matter is no matter how hard I tried i still got attached and instead of them stealing my heart it was among them that I found that piece of my heart. 15 little faces staring at me, 30 little hands reaching up at me to hold them, 30 almond shaped eyes that are empty are lost. I wanted to hold all of them and give each of a time and tell each of them that they were beautiful and precious and that Jesus loves them more than they will ever know but my time was limited so I asked God give me one little girl that I could love on. I wrote about this little girl the last time I posted about the orphange. Her name is Xin Yue, which means happiness, she is two years old and has been at the orphange for 1 month. Today she was especially sad and scared. She was over in the corner all by herself and in her tears and crying I picked her up and held her, rocked her and sang to her. I also prayed over her. I prayed that God would protect her and that he would send someone to adopt her. I pray that one day she has a mommy. That cry that she was crying only comes from an orphan. Its the saddest cry you will ever hear. I pray that one day God will send someone to adopt her someone to call her their own because on that day she wont cry the orphans cry anymore. At one point I wondered if I really wanted to get myself into this if I really wanted to expose myself to all of this and then I realized that this is where Jesus is at. When He was on earth He was with the widows and the orphans he was among the poorest of the poor. It will not be easy, it will be challenging and heart breaking and sad but I know this is what Jesus wants from me. This is where His heart is, this is where my heart is.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am blown away! Honey, I cannot imagine how your heart ached for those little ones. I know Our Savior's ache is so much greater and I KNOW He hears every cry and catched every one of those precious tears in a bottle. He is a GREAT GOD and He will rescue them. I praise Him that He is revealing His marvelous plan for your life. I adore you!