Monday, October 1, 2007

Orphanage Visit


On saturday I had the awesome opportunity to visit an orphanage. The orphanage that we served at houses about 200 children but we only worked with 25 or 30. We played with them and taught them some songs in English like Head and Shoulders Knees and Toes and The Wheels on the Bus. It was fun. This litle boy in the pictures is probably 4 years old. He had the best smile and the best laugh! I was bouncing him on my knee and then he would start talking so that his voice would vibrate an then he would bust up laughing. It was hilarious.


There was one little girl that I had a chance to play with and hold that really touched my heart. She is maybe 3 years old but she is so tiny. She can't weigh more than 15 lbs. I got to sing the songs to her and help her do some of the motions and then I put her up on my lap and held her for a long time. She was so small I was afraid I would break her when I picked her up. I was overwhelmed by the fact that she has no family. No one that loves her and cares about her future. Its just her in this great big world.We are going back in 2 weeks I hope I get to see her again and maybe build a relationship with here during my short time here in China. I want her to know that even though she doesnt have anyone here on this earth to love her or take care of her she has Jesus who loves her more than any earthly person could possible begin to . I pray that somehow I have the opportunity to tell her this.

2 comments:

Alina Maria said...

Alyssa, those children are so blessed to have you be a part of their lives. You have such a way with little ones.

Scott said...

Wow, great blog.